Friday 31 May 2024

Wednesday 29th May 2024

I usually have this week of for orchiding, to get round less known sites. Doubly so this year with last week being in Ireland.I usually have this week of for orchiding, to get round less known sites. Doubly so this year with last week being in Ireland.

One hundred and fifty But the weather has had other ideas, and with just one car between the two of us, the logistics is tricky.

So, I decided to stay home Wednesday, my next-to-last day off, to do the chores I had set myself Tuesday aside to complete.

Tidy up the litter trays and tackle the lawnmeadow, or the parts which are no so heavily seeded and suffer with seeds and waste from the feeders.

It was all going to plan until the volcano on Iceland erupted again. This time with 3km long fissures and sprays of lava 200m in the air.

I had two live feeds going to watch the display.

I did go out in the afternoon to tackle the meadow. Fired up the mower and in a couple of minutes had cleared the areas I wanted, then rake the clippings up, and ignore Scully who wanted "meow".

Celastrina argiolus Loudly.

I say on the patio and read some of WSC, then inside to catch up on the eruption.

And then to dinner: butterfly lamb chops, hasselback potatoes, Boston beans and creamed spinach.

Was good as you can imagine.

And just like old times, there was football on in the evening, another European final, though was thin gruel to be honest, I gave up after 90 minutes with the scores still at 0-0.

No comments: