Friday 17 May 2024

Thursday 16th May 2024

The good news is that I have caught up with my backlog of shots. In time to warn you that we are off on our travels this weekend, so be prepared for another avalanche of shots.

So it goes, so it goes.

And like a parade being followed by manure collectors, the fine sunny Wednesday was followed by a very wet and misty Thursday.

I took a shot as the sea mist rolled in early in the morning, as I pondered filling the feeders, which would require dodging the raindrops.

One hundred and thirty seven The cats were scattered through the house, and I had a report to finish, which would mean making sense of my notes.

That called for two pots of strong coffee, and no distractions, so closed my personal laptop down and began.

Tap tap, pause, tap. Went my fingers on the keyboard.

And at about lunchtime, it began to come together, and by half four, after yet more meetings and calls, the report was done.

I sent it off.

Closed the computer down and breathed a deep sigh of relief.

Dinner was simple: pan fried asparagus, Parmesan shavings, warmed up focaccia, wine followed by a freshly baked Norfolk short cake I made whilst waiting for Jools to return.

The evening was to be filled with play-off football. Leeds v Norwich at Elland Road, and I had deep misgivings before kick-off.

And those were well-founded as Norwich never really got going, and were deservedly thrashed 4-0, which could easily have been double, or worse, than that, as Leeds looked like they'd score each time they surged forward.

Best to lose last night that suffer 38 worse days in a Premier League season upcoming. Instead, players will be sold, newer, less experienced and cheaper ones will replace them.

While Leeds will go to Wembley.

Sigh.

No comments: