Tuesday 22 June 2021

Monday 21st June 2021

Mid-summer.

Or, as our calendar tells us, the start of summer.

One or neither must be right.

So, it was the weather that mocked the date, by hoofing it down all day, from dawn to dusk, hoofed it down. It flattened many of the flowers in the garden, formal and "wild". We can only imagine the exposion of new growth once the starts shining. If the sun starts shining.

And so no much chance for photography, and then there was my heath. Again.

I don't think its anything serious, but I woke up at five and found that my head was spinning, like I'd had a great night on the pop, but as I haven't had any booze for about 18 days, that wasn't the case. I suspected a case of an ear infection.

One hundred and seventy two But I did feel shit.

So, I came down to drink the coffee Jools had made, then went back to bed, and once she had locked me in the house and left for work, I dropped back off to sleep, and apparently slept well until just gone half ten.

I must have needed it.

Somehow cats know when we're not well, as Scully had come to sleep on the foot of the bed all morning, she allowed me to feed her when I went down to make a brew and have breakfast, my head spinning as I inched down the stairs. She then joined me at midday when I returned to bed to read the Billy Bragg book on Skiffle and its part in the formation of the Beatles and the British Invasion of the mid-60s.

Its like everything you thought you knew about rock and roll was wrong, and I don't dobt Bragg he says that without Skiffle there wouldn't have been tens of thousands of strumming three chords ready to go electric when the Beatle exploded. The Beatles themselves were a skiffle group, initially. And it was only going to Hamburg and running out of songs to play that they started to write their own.

So it goes, so it goes.

I get up again at half four, Jools called to say she would pick up fish and chips, which was fine by me. I just had to have the kettle ready boiled.

Fish supper The head spinning thing wasn't quite as bad, and once Jools was home laden with golden and deep fried scrummy food, we ate well and soon felt much better.

Due to the cats still not settling down: Poppy is nervous again and needs an alternatve way out, either through the front door or the living room window, both of which, or one of them at least, we have to leave open, it was bloody cold in the house. I had told myself it wasn't that cold, but it was. After dinner we put the heating on and closed all windows and doors. Poppy let us know when she wanted to go out, and came back through the living room window at some point in the night.

It seems less stressed in the house, even if I did cat Mulder spraying in the living room. Reminds me of the "pissing wars" my friend in Canada warned us of if we would get a Bengal kitty cat years back.

I watch some football, but it palls at half time so miss the Denmark comeback to make it to the next round as they thrashed Russia.

No comments: