Wednesday 21 April 2010

Thursday 22nd April 2010

Two day until the weekend!

So, yesterday I did training all day, the morning death by Powerpoint, which was fine as it was just for me, and able to ask questions when i didn't understand anything.

And in the afternoon try to learn the procedures and the forms needed to do the job, made all the more difficult my not having the correct 'rights' as yet to use any of the software. That might be sorted out today.

And so, from Monday I will be flying solo, as it were, and have to pick the brains of my boss and the guy who is doing my job already on the other side of the channel.
At least when busy the day goes quickly, and I am promised that there is a mountain of work that has been piling up for me from the supervisors in the office.

In a miracle, the big metal shiny birds were allowed to fly again yesterday, although 150,000 Brits are stranded all over the world. And there seems to be an election in the air, as various parties keep dropping leaflets through our door all covered with 'election promises' nee lies, which make the short trip from said door to bin.

I had to sign off yesterday; I called the dole office and the woman had a real monk on; you missed and interview on Monday, she said. I was working said I. You missed an interview she said again, for effect. Does it matter said I? I hope it is decades work that made her so jaded and bitchy, not just because she can. I am glad not to have to go there at least for a while.

So, Thursday arrives, more clear blue skies and endless sunshine. And like many others, I'll be in the office.

Later, peeps.

No comments: