Tuesday 27 April 2010

Tuesday 27th April 2010

And good afternoon.

It’s lunchtime and the office has the appearance of the Marie Celeste, with just the two of us in here, and me writing this instead of actually doing something constructive, like doing work for instance.

The days now pass quite quickly, with apparently each new dawn giving up to me another level of access into the company’s IT system, and now able to do some of the legendary ‘work.’ And now that there is a bod in the office who is actually inputting data into the system, they are thinking all the time of new instances of broken kit and poor procedures for me to file more about.

Yay!

So, as we come to the end of lunchtime; well, I saw we, but I mean me, I have more paperwork to file and raise, and more people around Scandinavia to upset, and they can then fill my mailbox with more e mails for me to ignore or put on the ‘to do’ list.

And so to mock me as I am now working is another glorious sunny days outside, a cloudless sky with a blazing sun and a flat calm sea tempt me through the, now ajar, office window. And looking at the BBC website this morning, heavy rain seems to be the forecast for the weekend. Of course it is. And all the while the little radio in the office plays Florence and the machine and what I guess to be the new Eminem single, it seems to be him ranting over an INXS backing track, which doesn’t seem to be very radical to me. Or maybe it is, who am I to judge?

And so it goes; and here I go back to work.

Later, peeps.

No comments: