Sunday 18 April 2010

Welcome to the working week. Again. reprise.

And so, Sunday evening; we have had dinner, the sun has gone down in a glorious red mist and now a crescent moon is over our house. And the butterflies have begun in my stomach.
Although it's not quite like starting at a new, bigger school, the feeling is the same. I know I shouldn't, I have the knowledge and the experience they wanted, otherwise they wouldn't have offered me the job. I know this, but it is also a big step, a foot in the door of a new industry, one that will grow and could be a good one to join.

People say that I must have been bored or depressed these past four months unemployed. I didn't think I was, but the wave of relief that swept over me when i was told I got the job was overwhelming. I do know that I had begun to be able to fill my days with nothing, listening to radio shows, playing with photography, and other ways to fritter my time away. I did, of course, look for jobs, write mails and apply online. Let me say that I am glad to have work now, and a bright new future for us lies ahead.

We have some work to do on our house, the coating has come off an outside wall where the rain got in, and althought he damage is superficial, it needs sorting. Which means a builder, scaffolding, painters, etc.

Just glad that we can plan that to be repaired now. Beyond that we have dreams of holidays of simple to exotic location in our heads, a new television (although that is not really needed, the one we have now I have had for 10 years), new clothes, a new bathroom, a granite worktop for the kitchen, redecorate the house, garden furniture.

And so on. None of it needed, per se, but you know, good to fantasise about. Work will mean me being online much less, I can't guarantee how often I will be able to write here, but I will update when I can.

No comments: