Wednesday 28 April 2010

Wednesday 28th April 2010

So, day eight in the windfarm house, and I think I may be getting a handle on things. I am sending out e mails left, right and centre to try and get information. I will quite possible upset just about everyone in the organisation at some point, but what the hell.

Once again the weather outside mocks us working inside with it’s sunshiny goodness and cloudless blue skies. Well, it did this morning, at least it is now cloudy and some of the warmth of the day has gone. Making me less likely to think about what else I could be doing other than sitting here at this keyboard.

I am having regular meetings with he who may be my boss or not, depends on whether I am doing good work or not. If I ask something he can’t answer he says I’m not employed by him per se; but that’s how it goes I guess. But the days are beginning to speed by, with apparently fewer hours than the day before.

I am still feeling all warm and fuzzy from yesterday after getting the news that the gallery wants to use more of my images, and that the first one of them, the train picture will be on sale from next Thursday; although I am not expecting an avalanche of money to come pouring in for me, having the recognition is enough. Well, just to be earning something from my hobby is good news.

And so, it’s over half-past-week, and thoughts turn to the long weekend ahead, three days of non-wind turbine related stuff and maybe getting out, photographing stuff and planting more stuff in the garden. All in all, after nearly four months of feeling so down in the mouth about everything, and then it all changes, just like that.

So it goes. So it goes.

Like I used to say to someone a few years back, just because yesterday was so bad, it doesn’t mean that tomorrow will be. It’s a world of endless possibilities out there, and up to each and every one of us to grab life by the kahunas while we can.

No comments: