Sunday 27 April 2014

Sunday 27th April 2014

Friday.

Working from home.

IT does not work.

Oh joy.

Jools headed off to work at eight, and I was already dealing with the full in box, so full that it was some hours before I get down to the day's actual tasks. And its only going to get worse, of course.

Once the work for the day was done, I got out the strong flour and made a bowl of dough for a loaf to go with dinner. I added all the seeds we had laying around inside the pantry (there's a word from another age) and just before I put the dough out for the final rising, I added some chopped garlic and grated cheese. Would it come out OK?

Cheesy Garlic Bread

Well, I put it in the oven at half four, and it rose to the size of half a beach ball, the cheese had leached out and formed a crispy crust on the outside, and was perfect. The house smelt of bread and roasted garlic and cheese. I cooked the pasta and home-made sauce, and it was wonderful. And there was so much bread left there would be at least enough for sandwiches the next day. And Sunday as it turned out.....

That night we headed to The Berry to meet an old friend, Rob, with whom we used to go rambling with the Ramblers. The Berry was full as it was another quiz night, but we stayed long enough for a chat and drink before we decided to vacate the place as the quizzers were getting ready to do battle.

No comments: