Wednesday 16 April 2014

Wednesday 16th April 2014

Monday.

Deep breath!

Back to work. And I have to head into the office in Ramsgate to work, thanks to the ongoing IT chaos. I promise I will say no more, but as it stood, I could not work from home, so go into the office and spend hours on the phone to IT explaining what the problem was. On top of that, having to re-discover where everything is hidden again. Still, makes life interesting.

I have taken to having coffee breaks every 90 minutes or so, as the walk down the stairs and standing in the sunshine does me and my legs good.

I get home and straight away have a migraine. Now, I am very lucky in that i just get the 'aura' which messes with my vision, and I know that if I sit in the shade with my eyes closed it passes. But this was a strong one and once it passed I felt washed out, like i hadn't slept in a week. Just as well that it was my rest day from the cross-trainer. And it came as no surprise that by eight i was shattered and took to bed.

Tuesday.

And here we are heading to work again, feeling like I hadn't slept in a week. Isn't it about time I had some time off? Anyway, it being nearly Easter, I am told that in Denmark people have until the end of the month to use up last year's allocation of holiday or lose it. Which is why there is hardly anyone in work in Arhus. So, I do work, answer e mails and listen to radio and drink coffee and help fix the guys computers, or at least give them advice. Have you switched it off and on again? The old ones are always the best......

On the way home, I have to take a diversion due to subsidence and I pass by a church with a welcoming sign in its doorway: 'church open.' It says. Hmmm, I have my cameras in the back, so I find somewhere to park and go in to find a perfectly formed church from the peak of Victorian gothic design. I won't name the church as its the subject of a GWUK on Flickr. So, let me say its a church I have been wanting to get into for a while, and I did. Result. So, another one off the list.

Back home Jools has is still waiting to hear about the job, and has another interview on Wednesday, so, its all happening. Lets hope that someone spots her potential. I mean, its not hard to miss is it?

Despite it being gloriously sunny, the wind is in the north and so it feels cold outside, even in the sunshine, so we forgo the evening walk and I take to the cross-trainer instead and pup some lard, and feel all the better for it. We have steak and ale pie for dinner, which seems too much as we have been cutting back on our meals for a while, but as most of it was fresh vegetables, it was good stuff. I did make 3/4 of a bottle of red wine disappear, which was very nice indeed, and meant I could doze whilst listening to the football in the evening.....

No comments: