Sunday 8 November 2015

Sunday 8th November 2015

Saturday

It is with some relief that I wake up on Saturday morning, a day off, and a day to relax. Saying that, still not feeling 100% what with the lack of sleep as a result of travel and allergies. But, today was a day to do what I wanted. What we wanted.

I came downstairs and waiting for us was a very dead mouse, laying in the middle of the living room floor. I decided to skip breakfast, however. I fed the cats, then made coffee, and we talked about plans for the day. We had to go shopping, and that was it. So, once dressed we went to Tesco to get a few things, collect the last of the Old Spiced Hen beer, and come back home. That done, we were back home by half eight, I warm the croissants up, make more coffee, then we settle down for a quiet morning, with me listening to the radio and messing round on the computer.

What I was messing around with, was making a photobook of the orchid shots taken over the last two years. I had to select the shots, upload them to the site, add text then double check everything before arranging the pages on the book. I was three quarters through the task, when we had to go out at half twelve, answering a plea from a friend to help move some kit up at Western Heights.

So, we put on our scruffy clothes, and drove to Military Road, parking at the entrance, and waiting for the rest. Paul helps runs the volunteer work up there, and we had to moves some tools and stuff before the bats roost for the winter, and it would be impossible to enter the site without disturbing them.

Anyway, we walk up into the keep, grab handfulls of stuff and take it back down, before loading a trolley up and dragging the kit round the moat, then through the tunnel in the retaining wall. I had forgotten how great it is up there, and hopefully, work allowing, we will do more work up there, but work being work, and travel being travel, and I feel so tired at weekends. But we shall see.

Back home we have Scotch Eggs for lunch, then it is time for football on the radio, and more photobook stuff, then making the calendar for next year. Phew. I finish at just before three, having taken 5 hours in all, but the books should look wonderful.

Norwich played Swansea, and in a tight game City scored the only goal midway through the 2nd half. A win is a win, and means we move above Chelsea, and we stay there as Chelski stumble at Stoke to lose 1-0. Strange times.

I cook steak for dinner, which is very good indeed. Even better were the sauteed potatoes, which were so darn crispy, and doused in seasalt and malt vinegar. Perfect.

Jools watched Dr Who, I mess around online more, and find that the day has slipped through our hands once more, enough time to have an extra large helping of QI before bed time.

No comments: