Tuesday 24 November 2015

Tuesday 24th November 2015

Blog # 280 for the year: equal most blogs in a year, with six weeks to go.

And blog #1400 as well. Will be bringing you all something special for number 1500, once I can think of something.

Are you bored yet?

Monday

Jools' birthday

Dr Who's birthday

And as it was her birthday, Jools took the day off, and decided to spend the day out and about, leaving me in the house working. Well, its only fair, really. We had breakfast together, then she pulled on her walking boots to set off for Deal with the possible final destination being Canterbury, but this would mean catching a bus from Deal. I watched Jools walk down Station Road from the bathroom window before getting dressed and getting ready for another day at the coalface.

Let the sunshine in And it was a typical working day; mails, meetings but it did not involve going to an airport and end the day in a soulless hotel room. I do feel much more rested now I have had 5 days at home, but ust need a few more days to feel like I belong here again. And that is what I am getting, in the end 19 straight days without travel. Perfect.

Outside, needless to day, the sun beams down from a clear blue sky, perfect for walking, so Jools will have had a great time. However for me, it is on the computer all the time. I know it pays the bills.

Jools arrives home at half one, we have a coffee and a saffron bun together. After that, given the choice on how to spend the rest of her birthday, Jools chose to watch Star Trek: Enterprise, which, I have not really watched, but Jools likes it. So, I potted around on the computer until it was time to cook dinner. Yes, given the choice of any (reasonable) place to eat on her special day, Jools chose steak at Chez Jelltex, and who am I to turn a lady down?

I cook steak and the usual trimmings, and even if I say so myself, it was darned good. Jools had bought a bottle of fizz on the way home, so we toasted her, me and our wonderful life together.

In the evening, I listen to some of what we call football on the wireless, and that sees out the day, really.

It was good to last week over with, I suppose grief affects us all in different ways. For me I found myself on the verge of tears a couple of times, for no reason other than have been thinking how lucky we are in our life together. I suppose thankful that we have this, and that we are together. It was announced that the funeral is to take place on Tuesday, if I was in Denmark I would have gone, but as it was a week I was staying at home. I hope Lee would have understood.

I suppose, understandably, this has raised all sorts of questions regarding our lifestyle and things we do and do not do. We shall see I suppose.

No comments: