Thursday 5 November 2015

The challenge continues..... What Brings You Happiness? All the Big and Little Things . . .

1. The dawn of a new day. Any day, at any time of the year. It might be the best day of your life, and all that is to come.

2. That meow I hear from Molly when she realises I am home from my travels. Like just now. She may act aloof, but I know.....

3. That smell, the first whiff, when the loaf that has been proving has begun to cook.

4. The first glimpse of the cliffs, as they just drop away to the sea a couple of hundred feet below.

5. After being away from home, and seeing Dover Castle for the first time, meaning I am nearly home.

6. Although I don't drink instant coffee, but the moment you pierce the foil on a new jar.

7. The first hint of autumn, be it either the first tree turning from bright green, to early morning mist rising in the valley in front of our house.

8. Watching an electrical storm from the house with the lights off. And the sound of rain hammering down. (now that the house is fixed)

9. The smell of a new vinyl record as you pull it from the sleeve, and the anticipation as to how it will sound like.

10. The first orchid of spring. The start of a fresh season.

11. Knowing I will spend the rest of my life with Jools

12.After a hard day snapping, reviewing the shots taken and seeing how they turned out.

Like the person who inspired this, Thanks Dawn, so may things and people in my life give me pleasure, joy and inspiration. But then I have always been an optimist, much to most people's surprise, but then I try to see the best in people and mankind in general; for every bad deed that is reported, there are hundreds that go unreported. I believe in people.

No comments: