Thursday 12 November 2015

Thursday 12th November 2015

Wednesday

Another day at the coalface.

Onoly I wake up with dawn showing in the gaps of the curtains, lighting up the suite I find myself in. I have a long, long shower. Seems I may have found the missing I am allergic too: Sanex Shower Gel! Being as it is supposed to be very good for your skin, I hadn't really thought of it. But for most of the year, I have been using the bath cream, as we accidentally bought that rather than shower gel: hence no allergies. And as I don't take any shower gel with me when I travel, and I very rarely get attacks then, I have put two and two together. Anyway, I wake up without a hint of a cough, sneeze or sniff, which is always a pleasure.

Another single night in a hotel means packing, checking out and loading the car before having breakfast, and then the drive to the office. At least from the Comwell the traffic is not quite as bad as it was the previous week, and soon I am speeding up back out of the city centre, along the main road which will soon have a tramline in the middle.

Despite having a full day of work to do (at least) I spend an hour greeting my colleagues, which is half the pleasure and the good reason for traveling to Denmark as often as possible.

In the end I get down to work, and so the day passes quickly. So quickly that I forget to book my seat on the tiny plane on Thursday when I am to go home. However, there is a fine choice by the time I remember late in the afternoon.

All day the rain had fallen on an already soggy Arhus. The thought of traveling through the rush hour to the airport did not thrill me to say the least, so I wait until quarter to six before setting out. Turned out to be a good decision, as I made good time, and there were no jams at the Arhus Sud junction. I didn't push it, as the motorway was shrouded in spray from the traffic, and all in all, it was a grim experience. So it was good to turn off for the last 40 clicks to Billund.

I am relieved to arrive safe at the airport: I unload the car then walk to the terminal to drop the keys off in the office. And as usual I stop at the cafe for my usual burger, fries and a a large beer. Large Christmas beer as it turned out.

There is a short three minute walk through the heavy drizzle to the hotel: I check in and take to my room, that even with the heating switched off, was still very warm. And so it came to pass that in November I did have to open the window all the way to bring the room temperature to a bearable level. In Denmark. Mad times.

Only trouble with that is that, what with being next to an airport is that every 15 minutes or so, there is a flight inbound or leaving, engines revving, drowning out the radio playing on my computer. Oh well.

Anyway, home tomorrow, four days in Chez Jelltex, and then I'm back here. Again.

Sigh.

No comments: