Friday 9 February 2018

Tuesday 6th February 2018

I awake after a good nine hours sleep, and without the usual headache I get from not enough sleep. I had turned the heating off the night before and had the window open, perfect sleeping conditions for me.

I get up and have a shower, get dressed and am down for breakfast, sitting down and eating by quarter to seven. As is usual, I am many other businessmen are sitting alone at tables for four, eating silently, reading a paper or looking at their phones.

I am ready to leave for work, scrape the ice off the car and find that someone has pranged the beamer. Bollocks.

Traffic is the usual shuffle along the ring road before turning off towards Randers, turning off to the office and finding a place to park.

Thirty seven Not much to look forward today, just eight hours of meeting. One meeting. Eight hours. I have an hour to prepare, and then it is time to earn my salary.

At least with the customer in the office, I am able to order refreshments, including getting lunch free and not feel guilty about bean stealing. My boss comes over to eat with us, but declines to join in the meeting.

And after eating, back to the boardroom for more hard-headed business type malarkey. Oh, this is fun. And then just at the end of Lonny Tunes, come knock off time all is friendship again and we arrange to meet up for dinner.

I drive back to the hotel, and decide to find the fitness suite, which as it turns out was just two running machines and a cycle machine, the latter was being used by a young woman who was just about turning the pedals as she watched some film on TV. I went on the running machine, set a high gradient and walked for half an hour, huffing and puffing until my back was screaming. Best stop then.

I go to my room again, have another shower and am ready for dinner at half seven, where I meet the customer in the lobby where he is on his second beer of the evening. I join him with an IPA, and I find I order pulled pork sliders, which turn out to by tiny burger buns stuffed with pulled pork. And there was 5 of them. 5.

I eat them all, and they are OK, and makes a change for the straight burger I normally have. John had that though, and looked better than my 5 tiny ones.

And that was it, another day done, back in the room to listen to the radio and snooze before the main sleep of the night. Phew, rock and roll.

No comments: