Friday 9 February 2018

Wednesday 7th February 2018

Welcome to Legoland.

I am writing this on Thursday night, I’m on my way home, just had dinner and now listening to the radio. Its been a long three days, but now on the slow slope to the weekend, and just half an hour of work to do and I can relax and go to bed.

Wednesday was the middle day of the three days of meetings. I won’t lie it was hard to summon up enthusiasm to get up and be ready for a day in the conference room, dancing away.

I am up at half six, having breakfast at seven, and then driving to the office along the packed ring road to the office, early enough to be able to park near to the building entrance.

Time for an hour’s work until I get a text message saying my oppo had arrived. OK< here we go then.

We have meetings all morning, pause for lunch, but are done an hour early, meaning I get to catch up on my work, resulting in me being able to chill out that night. Just as well as John said he was bored with the hotel and wanted to eat in town; he would drive and pay!

Nice one.

We meet at seven, with the quarter moon high in the sky, shining down as we got in his faux off roader hire car, we drove down into the centre, park on the side of the road and having discussed what to eat on the way down, I point at the tapas bar I mentioned, and we go in.

Thirty eight Eight tapas to share between us, and a carafe of hacienda red did for us, a bowl of fresh bread rolls. Sadly, only one other table in the place was taken, but the food, a mix of hot and cold dishes was fine and tasty. A good choice it turned out.

John drove us back to the hotel and tempted me to a nightcap, no good whisky on offer, but some nice rum. We talked to one of the staff, who had an unusual accent, French-Scottish it turned out, now with a Danish twang.

And that was it; so up in the lift to my room, and am diverted by the third Men in Black film; could it be worse than the second? I find myself entranced, like watching a car crash. Some of it was good, but most of it dreadfully bad. I mean not just hammy or cheesey, but just stinking the place out dreadful. I watch it to the end and go to sleep, angry.

No comments: