Friday 2 February 2018

Wednesday 31st January 2018

Another dreadful night sleep, not helped by how either how warm the room is or how thick the duvet is. Or both.

The alarm goes off about ten minutes after I woke up. Here we go then.

I bump into lots of colleagues in the breakfast bar, so join three of them to swap the latest news and gossip. Not much to say really. Danes know how to grill bacon, just enough to be crispy and not burnt. Perfect.

Then there is the drive to the office, simple enough though half an hour later than the day previous. Still dark of course, and light rain falling. Hall and Oates are on the radio Dreaming About You. I change stations and the same song is playing. But I just found its not Hall and Oates, but Dan Hartman. Who knew? Dan would’ve.

I arrive at the office without accident or incident, which is always nice, and so have an hour to get the day’s work done before the training starts. The first of 6 days training in the way of sales. Selling turbines. 36 of us in a room, plied with juice, fruit, coffee and cakes.

The minutes drag. Heck, the seconds drag. An hour passes. We have a break. Another hour passes, we have another break all with coffee. Lunch comes and goes and my attention dips to the point I am sleeping.

Have another break.

I feel a migraine building, and with luck the speaker calls it a day. I decide that I should take to my bed, so go to say goodbye to the guys in the project and drive back to the hotel in light traffic and light drizzle.

I lay in bed in the dark, listening to the buildings on the site outside the window. I could close the window and maybe sleep, but can’t be arsed. I feel drained, so a good thing to do nothing. I doze until half four, then decide to be decisive.

Thirty one I get up, put on my gym kit and go to the fitness centre. I say fitness studio, it’s a big centre, dozens of running, cross trainers, cycles and weights and the rest. And young ladies dressed in lycra. Oh my word. I concentrate on keeping my feet on the machine and listen to Kate Bush on the I pod. I do 30 minutes and am happy with that.

I could have had a beer on the way back to my room, but settle for some orange juice and a chat with friends as they relax with beers.

After a shower and a check up on the transfer deadline day news, I walk over to the restaurant to have burger, fries and beer. I think I deserved it.

And that is it, not much else to report, no footy on TV, so following it via the BBC website and raiding the minibar. As you do.

Outside the Super Blue Blood Moon had risen, I missed that, but later, just before I went to sleep, I could see it high above the city, shining coldly down. I took a shot with the compact, just to say I saw it.

No comments: