Friday 23 February 2018

Wednesday 21st February 2018

Another day, another training day. Part 2 of the legal training that is more interesting than it sounded, but then I found I was coming down with the flu, slept poorly and so struggled to stay awake Through the day.

And with a drive to Esbjerg in the evening, it was going to be a long day. I would also have to pack, check out, which is fine if you plan ahead, get down to the reception at half six when the breakfast bar opens, sort the bill out and go for breakfast, meaning I would leave for the office with plenty of time, and avoiding the manic cyclists.

As before, time to catch up on mails before the training starts, and never has three hours dragged like that. I did fall asleep a couple of times, waking myself up with a gentle snore.

To top matters off, there was a four meeting in the afternoon, via Skype, and even though it ended at four, an hour early, no point in trying to leave to drive south as the traffic was stacked right up.

I leave at quarter past five and to my surprise the motorway was pretty empty, it was snowing gently, so I took my time, but it was OK, watching the snow fall from an increasingly leaden sky.

Fifty two On the road to Esbjerg, darkness fell, but I could put my foot down and put all those horses in the car to use, returning to familiar ground beside the sea. I got the last parking space outside the hotel, checked in, then walked along the main street to the square for dinner at Dronning Louise, I have a huge plate of nachos with tow half pints of something called Kinky Cowboy IPA.

By now the flu had taken hold, so I walked back down to the hotel, tried to watch the football on TV, and follow Norwich via Twitter. The BBC said the game at Wolves had ended up as a 2-1 defeat. I was only to find out in the morning that City got another equaliser with the last kick of the game, holding the league leaders, and showing more signs of forward progress.

No comments: