Monday 29 April 2024

Sunday 28th April 2024

Sunday.

Is your hair that long again? Asked Jools, which meant we would be heading to Folkestone come Sunday for regular shearing.

Cleolicious I am not sleeping too well, so me and my woolly head got in the car after first coffee to drive to Funky Folkestone, over the cliffs to Capel, where their local weather was squally.

Funky Folkestone Not so bad down into the town itself, so we park up, Jools goes for a walk and I go up the the new High Street where the place was already open, and there was a chair ready for me to sink into.

Funky Folkestone Three years ago, when such places were allowed to reopen, a haircut cost £12, in 36 months prices have gone up 50% to eighteen, as everything is more expensive.

Funky Folkestone Half an hour later and half a pound lighter, I pay and leave, meeting Jools at the car for the drive home, where upon our arrival, Mike popped up.

He had come round to advise us on the bathroom/kitchen refit, which is some time off. We have a brew and catch up too.

One hundred and nineteen When he left, I cooked bacon butties for lunch, and I prepared for the afternoon's football: the north London derby followed by Citeh at Brighton or somewhere.

Was an OK way to spend the afternoon, as I'm not a Spurs fan, as Arse rattled in three goals before Spurs rallied and scored to late goals, but nowhere near enough.

And that was that for another weekend, just time for a shower before bed.

Goodnight, campers.

No comments: