Monday 23 September 2013

Monday 23rd September 2013

Good evening, and welcome to the working week. Or half a working week as I don't go back to work until Wednesday. It has been a glorious autumnal day, the the clouds being burnt off by lunchtime and the afternoon gloriously warm; warm enough and windless enough to be perfect butterfly hunting. And were we lucky? Well, you'll have to wait and see as I am so far behind with my blogs we have to go back to Friday.

Friday.

So, with Jools and I heading to London for the weekend, it meant operation cat round-up was in full effect. So after dropping Jools off at work, I went home and began the great round up. Now, cats are clever creatures, they spot when anything is different. Like the cat flap being locked. So, after getting the baskets from the shed, I began with Molly who is normally the hardest. However, I had the element of surprise, even though she knew something very odd was about to happen. Scully I got as she slept in the cat basket, but she put up such a fight that it alerted Mulder who took a defensive position under our bed. He was now very flighty, but being without thumbs he could not open the bedroom door and so I grabbed him.

Now to get them to denton before Mulder's bowls failed. In the end we almost made it. Almost. Turning down the lane to the cattery, there was the pong. He had managed to poo at the far end of the basket and keep himself at the other end, so was clean enough. We got the cats in the pen, dumped the towel in the bin, and then back home to ready myself for when Jools was free to leave work.

At three I picked her up, only to be told operation fix Dad's computer was now in effect, and so we headed to the old folk's place to see what had happened. Somehow, he had managed to erase his Windows profile. I am sure this was the work of a virus, so what could we do? Well, I powered it up into 'safe' mode, ran an anti-virus and spamware programs, then had to reset the PC to a date last week. And that was it, fixed. In three and a half hours!

The View over Waterloo Bus Garage

Back home for dinner, pack and head out to catch the quarter to eight train from Dover to Stratford, then on the tube to Waterloo. And as we came out of the station we were at the right exit for the club. Over Waterloo Road, up the side street and up the steps; check in and up the lift to our room.

And relax.

Jools looked out the window and saw the Shard in the distance with all of London, south London laid up from our 17th floor window. So, I took pictures.Lots of pictures.

The Shard at night

No comments: