Sunday 29 September 2013

Saturday 28th September 2013

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

And so, with a heavy heart, I headed back to the office on Wednesday. I shouldn't really complain, the drive to Ramsgate is not difficult, on the way I can watch the sun rise or the mist drifting over the Stour as I drive through Sandwich. And once there, the technicians head out to work as I arrive, and so after making a pot of coffee I power up the laptop, and wade through my cache of e mails.

And so the days crawled by until Friday arrived. And on Friday two massive dollops of news for VOFS arrived. First up, a long delayed and much promised link up between us and Mitsubishi. We are going to work for a new hybrid company, which does not have a name as yet. We will be separate from VWS, although not completely as our contracts will be unaffected. Clearly this is a huge change ahead and what it means to each and everyone of us is unclear. But this should ensure the future of the company, whilst we will no longer be part of Vestas as such.

This partnership has been in the offing for months: in fact whilst in Arhus back in July, whilst sitting at a marina-side restaurant with Graeme, I saw a group I oriental businessman approaching along the boardwalk. Laughing i said oh look here comes the Mitsubishi guys. I laughed. I then saw i our CEO guiding them to the table next to ours. Much nervous coughing ensued, and as soon as we could be paid our bill and left.

Second earth-shattering announcement is that our next project has been confirmed. The one I am QA MAnager for. For me this will mean my work-life will never be the same again, as my details will be passed over to the customer and they will now be bombarding me with questions and demands. It is all scary stuff in all honesty. We shall see.

Jools came to pick me up at half three, and we made it to the butchers before closing time so I bought a chicken for Sunday dinner as well as other meaty treats. So, the weekend kicked into life and I turned the mobile off and switched my brain off until at least Monday morning.

No comments: