Sunday 15 September 2013

Sunday 15th October 2013

Despite being on my holibobs, I have not written much here, partly as it would mean exposing some of the locations we went to yesterday as part of the annual Heritage Open Weekend which I am using in one of my Flickr groups for a game we call GWUK. And as I know that some of those people who do guess on occasion look here for ideas. So I will leave the exciting details of our trip to the badlands of north Kent for tomorrow.

Friday. So, after the church-filled excitement of Thursday, Friday came as a bit of a let down. I dropped Jools off at the factory, then headed to Tesco for the weekly shop. Turned out to be a good idea as it was empty and I even managed to find a till with no queue.

Back home to put away the shopping and treat myself to fresh croissants and a hot pot of coffee before heading out once the school run was over to drive to Preston for the meat. I mention the school run thing, as on Thursday I encountered not one, but two school runs, with parents parking their SUVs wherever they could, ignoring the fact they were dangerous or not caring the blockages they cause. That most, certainly those in St margaret's drive less than a mile to the school before driving back home.

Anyway, once back home, I can't swear to exactly what I did for the rest of the day, but whatever I did, it took the rest of the day to get done. Part of it concerned listening to Mayo and Kermode on the radio. It may have involved some snoozing on the sofa, whilst fighting off the attention of various cats.

So, the day passed into evening, and so we got ready to worship at the altar of the Don. Monty Don that is.

Tomorrow: churches. Churches and more churches.

You have been warned.

No comments: