Tuesday 17 September 2013

Tuesday 17th September 2013

It is Tuesday and I am wasting my day away at home, doing mostly nothing. I was going to vacuum, but that would mean disturbing the cats sleeping. So, I am listening to radio, messing around with photos and making bread. Yes, making bread. Bread rolls probably to go with the chicken I'm going to cook tonight. There was no point, it seemed, in going out today as heavy rain was forecasted, although it has yet to reach Dover. So, inbetween photo-editing, dough-kneading and the rest, I rescue birds from the cats and generally waste time in a non-productive manner. Just what you're supposed to do on holiday.

Sunday.

It was a glorious morning, with, as today, rain forecast for the afternoon. So we set off for a walk along to the glad and back. The sun was so warm, it was hard to believe we were in for a storm. Anyway, we ambled along, looked for butterflies, bought some fresh eggs from the farm and then headed back and i made scrambled eggs for 2nd breakfast for us. And being free range, the scrambled eggs were so yellow. YELLOW in fact. And they tasted wonderful.

Before the wind and rain

At half eleven we headed out to dover so I could snap St Andrews at Buckland. I went last week but it was locked up; so I wrote and they said come along after the service on Sunday. so, we were waiting as the congregation came out, and so we went in, met the vicar and shook hands with the warden, and I got down to some serious snapping. I seemed to have a few interested pairs of eyes following me as I went round, but there was nothing said. St Andrew's is very well kept inside, and well lit so a real pleasure to photograph.

The vista open up

We went to visit the old folks up Whitfield, and we surprised to see Mike, Jools' brother there. But not as surprised as when we found Meg in the living room. She emigrated to Australia last year, and came back in July, and seemed happy enough with life there. But it turns out that she realised how much she missed her family and friends and they have come back. On their second day back, her boyfriend was playing rugby for his old team and has managed to break a bone in his foot, and so is now laid up.

Back home for a lazy afternoon, and then at four I cooked roast beef with all the trimmings, which was very nice with all the fresh veg I cooked, so then there was little else to do other than turn the heating up as the rain hammered down outside and the day faded to black.

No comments: