Sunday 1 September 2013

Sunday 1st september 2013

So, the months with an 'r' in them begin. This means, apparently, that it's not summer. Today, whilst not being high summer, was warm enough, and the hedgerows are heavy with ripening fruit, but more of that in a minute.....

First thing to say is that my allergies have gone crazy these two weeks, and despite doubling the drugs and even taken the really strong, don't mix with booze or you'll see pink elephants, pills, I have been suffering. Which explains why I was up at half five this morning, feeding the cats and waiting for dawn. I reckon I managed to get five hours, without having to resort to whisky, which meant at least no hangover.

Perry Corner

At half seven, we had coffee, frsh croissants (again) and crusty bread with fig preserve, a fine breakfast. And so I ate mine whilst watching MOTD and enjoying Paolo's meltdown again and again. Oh the joys of digital recording. Norwich played well, and so I have hope for the rest of the season.

GWUK #857 Perry Corner, Preston, Kent

After that, we headed out to preston to where the wilt plums can be found near the road. They all seem ripen at once, and it is important to get there before they all drop to the ground. Once collected, we will freeze them before making jams and preserves later in the season. It also gave me the chance to snap an unusual post box, as you do, before we headed home so I could check in for tomorrow's flight to Denmark. Yes, I am back commuting, so the weekend seems to tick by ever quicker.

I cooked steak and ale pie for lunch, along with a huge amount of vegetables, and so full were we that we laid on the floor listening to old Great Lives on the i-player.

The afternoon was taken with snoozing on the sofa whilst listening to the football, or laying on the spare bed with Molly listening to the football. It was one of those afternoons!

And now the evening has come, I am packed, showered and just about ready for my pit, ready for the early start in the morning.

See you all at the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank's for your information and i like yoour post is very nice, two thumb up for your
do you might also like mutiarabijak.com kata mutiara dan bijak cinta, obat penyakit stroke