Friday 28 March 2014

Friday 28th March 2014

Thursday

I wake up with not a trace of the flu-like symptoms I had the day before. Heck, I even felt full of the joys of spring. Maybe I should patent the triple drug and bottle of wine treatment? well, it worked for me. Jools is as dumbfounded as I am about this latest recovery, which shows again that it is an allergy, as flu or a virus would not appear and vanish in 12 hours like this has.

One day I will recount the gory details of the journey we have been going through heading towards or merger. To say that at times things have not been clear would be an understatement. As of Tuesday morning, our little bit of Vestas will be cut asunder, and we will enter a merger with MHI. I'll let you do the googling.

So much is yet unclear as to what will actually happen on Tuesday morning, the only thing we can be fairly certain about is that it will not go well. Yesterday, the first stage of the roll out of the new digital landscape failed to happen. Those who were due to get new software, failed. That for the rest of us we were waiting for the download so we could use it to prepare our computers.

Oh well. I'm sure it'll be alright on the night, as they say. What could possibly go wrong?

We shall leave it there.

So, I went into the office did my work, wrote mails, stared out the windows at the lack of work that goes on around the harbour in Ramsgate now. Even still there is more than enough to distract me. The day slowly passes and as the shadows lengthen I pack my stuff and head out to the car, my camera stuff in the boot, unused.

Back home I put on my trainers and head to the cross-trainer. I put on the i pod and tread away. Scully lays on the spare bed wondering why I do this most nights. Sometimes I wonder why I do this most nights. But I do feel better, healthier and I can feel my clothes getting slightly looser.

We have scotch eggs for dinner, along with posh piccailli, which is still a winner. The night is well underway as we settle down to watch lambing live on TV, which is life-affirming as another breach-berth lamb is helped into the world, swung round in helping it begin breathing. And within 15 minutes it is climbing onto its jelly-like legs, looking for the first meal from Mum.

No comments: