Wednesday 19 March 2014

Wednesday 19th March 2014

Monday.

And the working week rolls round once again. And it is at this point the realisation of Jools losing her job hits home as she does not have to rush to be out of the door with me, nor do i have to head into Dover to drop her off at the factory. Instead, she decides to spend the morning up and down the seafront, speedwalking in an attempt to get fit. Or fitter. She has a weekly bus ticket, so she says she will catch the early bus into town; so I take the car and drive to the office in Ramsgate.

The day passes quickly, as I deal with e mails and phone calls from the confused. At least the glorious sunny weather soon fades as clouds rolls over, covering the sky. When it is like that it does make being at work more bearable. Sadly for Jools it means her walk will not be in bright sunshine though.

I head home at four, passing alongside the viking ship in Pegwell Bay: I was hoping to snap the daffodils there, as so many are out around the house, and they have thousands of them there. But, much to my surprise, most were not yet out, and they did not look so good under the cloudy skies. I carry on home.

We have an early dinner, before Jools drives me over to Sandwich for the monthly CAMRA meeting. Now, although I like a beer or two, as i have said CAMRA can be a little too earnest for my liking, but this meeting the pub of the year was to be announced. And as I had worked hard (ahem) in judging them, I wanted to see who won.

I thought I knew where the George and Dragon was, but i wandered up and down streets lined with ancient houses and cottages, each one wonderfully attractive, but none containing the pub. I did find it in the end, there are only so many streets you can walk up and down. So I went in, got a pint and sat down ready for the meeting and announcement. I can reveal that I judged the pubs in the same order they finished counting the 16 other judge's votes, with The Berry winning the title yet again. And rightly so.

Jools picks me up at quarter to ten, and so we head home with the full moon attempting to break through the thin cloud cover.

Tuesday.

And off to work in the car again. what with there being no point in getting to the office until nearly eight when the monkeys would be on their way to the jetty, it means we can lay in bed until after the news headlines on the radio. And the main point of interest is the continuing mystery of how a modern Boeing 777 jetliner with over 200 passengers on board vanished without a trace the weekend before. It is now so odd that them having been kidnapped by aliens would make sense.

I drive to work listening to Radio 4 whilst dodging the lunatics that seem to be on the road, including one woman who overtook me on the outside going round a roundabout. It was a relief to get to work in one piece.

eight hours pass.

And I head back home again.

My friend Gary comes round in the evening to witness the badger parade that we are treated to each night. Three badger turn up for him, which was good, and we spent an hour watching the three of them eating lots and lots of peanuts. Of course, all this food is costing us some money, but it seems to be worth it to see badgers so close.

No comments: