Saturday 1 March 2014

Saturday 1st March 2014

Friday.

Friday approached like a very tired sloth hauling a concrete block, but it arrived. I spent Friday at home, slaving over spreadsheets calculating KPIs for work. I do hope that someone, somewhere actually looks at this stuff I do. I found out this month that my boss have never looked beyond the first page of the report I produce; maybe he didn't know there were other pages. But, after he asked me to analyse data, a task i have been doing since April last year, it really does make you wonder why I should bother....

Due to the complexity of the data involved, I worked solidly until quarter to four, eight hours, and I was pooped. I listened to the last 15 minutes of Mayo and Kermode whilst the laptop switched itself off, and then the weekend could really begin.

One of the main drawbacks from rejoining Facebook is that I now get newsfeeds from a couple of local pubs, and one of them, The Berry, post shots of the first pint drawn from each new barrel they start. And Friday they had 13 ales on. 13! And so after cooking dinner we head out to Deal so I can just confirm on my POTY voting! Sadly, there is a pub quiz on, and there are very few spaces to sit. I guess it is good to see the place just not providing good beer in great surroundings, but does stuff to get locals into the pub too.

I have a couple of pints and so we head home just as the quiz begins, with everyone dead quiet as they were studying the question papers. Rain fell gently as we drove back to St Margaret's, so traffic was light on the roads. Back home I payed some vinyl to while away the hour before bedtime.

We're so rock 'n' roll.

No comments: