Sunday 2 March 2014

Sunday 2nd March 2014

Saturday.

Up with the larks, making coffee and feeding the cats at half six in the morning.

I leave Jools beading at half eight as I head into town to visit the market to get veg for the roast dinner on Sunday. I would go every week, but its not always possible. I would rather local growers and businesses get the money than Tesco or some other supermarket.

Yellow trumpet

anyway, I park in the shadow of Burlington House and walked through to the Market Square where only the fruit and veg stall had already set up. I bought a fivers worth of stuff, much better than value than at Tesco up the hill for sure, and I was back home at nine in time to listen to all of Danny Baker's show and then Fighting Talk. Jools went out at ten to take her Dad and Jen to the station as they were heading up to London to see a show and have a meal. Can't say that Jersey Boys tickles my fancy, but their choice.

Aquadomes

I do some light gardening before jools comes back for lunch, just trimming the acers in the front garden. At least I can say I do do some stuff in the garden, not just photograph it. Although I do go out to snap the group of daffodils around the bottom of the apple tree in the back garden. It looks and feels like spring. But bear in mind just a year ago Jools and I had that grand trip up to the Lake District where we saw a glorious golden sunset at Buttermere and that felt spring-like. A week later they had snow drifts several metres deep as winter returned. Just sayin'......

I listen to the football on the radio, City play on Sunday, so it is just for fun. I only just manage to stay awake on the sofa whilst I listen to whichever game was on. That I can't remember what game it was shows how close attention I was paying.

Once the final whistles had been blown, we head out to Fox Hill down to watch the sunset over Dover Castle. Such is the drawback of living in the seas, seeing a decent sunset can be tricky. Anyway, so we dive along Reach Road to the NT place, park up and hike up the steep path to the top of the down.

Sunset From Foxhill Down

The sun set to the right of the castle, but the sight was stunning, even with the chilling stiff breeze that was cooling us down. The sun set with the colours in the sky and clouds deepening. Great stuff.

The Keep

As the sun set, we made our way down to the car to make a quick escape as they lock the gates shortly after dusk, and we didn't want to spend the night there!

I cook pasta with some defrosted homemade sauce, which was rather nice, even if I say so myself. The night peters out as we checked each and every one of the 500 channels on TV and found nothing worth watching.

No comments: