Wednesday 12 March 2014

Wednesday 12th March 2014

Monday.

The glorious weather from Sunday extended into Monday, which meant driving to work as the sun rose in a wonderful azure blue sky. Meaning the last thing I felt like doing was actually drive into work. Much to my horror, the monkeys were in the office again, so I was treated to them whooping at each other in the most un-humorous fashion. Please. Just. Go. Away.

I did manage to see through the day until leaving off time, and so I headed back to Dover to collect Jools from the bus. Once home I went onto the cross trainer, did another nearly half an hour. I know it’s not a lot, but I got it done.

In the evening, we sat on the sofa for the nightly badger parade which usually begins at around half seven. And right on cue, I saw a black and white face moving in the front garden as baby badger searched for peanuts.

Tuesday.

I worked from home, and soon discovered not only was my work Outlook not working, all the emails I had received since returning from Denmark last week had disappeared. So, I call IT again. I explain, from the beginning again, what had happened, what had been done to fix the problem. Or what had been done not to fix the problem.

Have you tried switching it off and back on again?

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So, I sat back and watched Mr IT try to fix my laptop, its not that exciting. Especially as it was something like the ninth hour I had watched them do this. But, after a couple of hours IT WAS FIXED. I then had to wait two hours whilst four years of e mails were downloaded then archived. Hoorah. That gave me three hours of productive work before BT cut our internet off.

Yes, you read that right. On a nightly basis, in an attempt to spread a bit of broadband around the community, have restricted our access to the web completely between 6 in the evening and midnight. I mean we can get nothing from the web. My laptop reads ‘local only’. I call Sky: there’s nothing they can do as BT own the equipment in the exchange. So, for now, we get an hour’s access when we get home, and half an hour before we go to work. It sucks.

I am hoping this will be fixed soon, but I’m not holding my breath.

In the evening I sat back to watch Arsenal play Bayern. Although the game was not that bad, I was watching the garden instead as 5 badgers came and went, hunting for food. When I put the food out for them, I put some peanuts on the wall ready for the birds in the morning. Once the badgers had cleared the peanuts from the ground, one fella got on his hind legs and managed to get every peanut from the top of the wall, and all the time keeping its eye on me in the living room.

No comments: