Saturday 22 April 2017

Friday 14th April 2017

All good things come to an end, and sometimes even difficult things even come to an end. What I mean by this is, that we are on the final stretch of the project. I know I have not said that much about it in these posts, but, just so you know, when managers and customers beginning to plan celebration parties, then the who shebang is coming to an end. I have been doing this since the middle of September 2015, and it is now April 2017. So, that's a fair chunk of time and effort. I hope that those in power realise how much blood, sweat and tears this has cost. Anyway, just so you know, and that might explain what is going to happen in the forthcoming week.

On Friday morning, I would love to have laid in bed for hours, but being out of the office for a day means that that day's work, as well as the work for the current day, all needing attending to. So, no point in laying in bed doing nothing, and Jools had a stack of work to, and she was up and about before six, feeding the cats and making coffee. It is a grey day, and cold too, or so it seems. I wrap by dressing gown round me, and go downstairs to face the day, and see what Friday would have in store.

Jools has a shower, gets dressed and is soon leaving, meaning that I have to get my shit together, have breakfast and get down on it. But then it is amazing how when the clock is ticking towards start work time, that you begrudge giving a minute too much before what you decide is a proper time to start work. Anyway, on with the computer, make a fresh brew.

Eyes down for a full house!

I have so much to do, and the morning flies by. I arrange a meeting, that needs preparing for, and then the minutes written up. And after lunch I have to tackle the growing mountain of travel claims and reports. The day flew by so quick, and when I looked at the clock, it was quarter past seven. Phew.

Jools calls, she is coming home via Dover, I said I will cook breaded chicken and chili cous-cous for dinner, so no need to call in the chippy.

So it was quarter past seven before we sat down, there was TOTP to watch, then Gardener's World and then Springwatch in Japan. So, it was quarter past nine before we sat down at the table and I realised I had not taken a picture for the day. I had just been so busy. I took one of Jools finishing work on her Japan scrapbook, but I couldn't really use that, so the picture for the day is of a knapweed flower, sadly taken a couple of days back.

Through the evening, Norwich were playing, playing the newly-crowned Champions, Brighton. I had low hopes, so did not follow the game until after the Japan show, and found City 2-0 thanks to two own goals after shots came back off the woodwork and rebounded in off the keeper. Twice. Too little, too late, but hints of what could have been.

So, we were tired, the day had ended, and outside the young badger was munching away on the leftover peanuts, without a care in the world. A nice scene to see as I climb the stairs.

No comments: