Thursday 27 April 2017

Thursday 27th April 20017

Pay Day

It would appear that between now and the end of May, I have just one day of work travel, and that is next Thursday. By the time I come back from vacation, the project will just about be finished. How'd you like those apples? So, in the meantime I am to work from home, pander the cat's needs, and try not to go mad.

It is a usual work day: get up, make coffee, feed the cats, check the internet, check the weather. For some reason we were up at quarter to six, and Jools left for work at twenty to seven. I then have breakfast and am ready to start work just after seven, as there are some urgent tasks to see to.

And then there are meetings. Four hours of them, all the way to half eleven. One after the other. At least having to leave one for the next means you're not party to that one overrunning, which was highly likely.

Outside the sun shone, I would love to have gone out, but work keeps me busy, and then the IT fails, so I have to speak to a colleague for a workround. Oh dearie me.

There is leftover chorizo hash for dinner, which I am tempted to pop open a Leffe to wash it down with, but make do with lemon squash instead.

I can feel the three day weekend coming, heck, even see it coming. In fact it is a three and a half day weekend as we are on our travels tomorrow. SO, I have to make sure all is up to date; it is.

Once work peters out, it is cold and grey outside, and looks like rain. So I take my shot for the day of Scully as she looks cute, then find an episode of Time Team to watch, and Molly joins me on the sofa, whilst various members of the crow family peck at seeds in the front garden.

One hundred and fifteen And then there are Jersey Royals to boil, wild garlic sausages to fry, it is spring after all.

And that is your day, really. The Manc Derby to listen to in the evening, the final details of the trip to arrange, and that is it.

See y'all on Sunday. Stay classy.

No comments: