Tuesday 19 December 2017

Monday 18th December 2017

There are just three working days to go and the great mid-winter break can begin. I have no real plans what to do, other than sleep and eat Christmas cake it seems. But it sure beats working.

Monday morning is nearly as bad as Monday Morning. I am awake at five to five, because my brain did not want to sleep. Apparently. Jools forgot to reset her alarm from last week, so that went off at five past five, so we were up and about at half five, drinking coffee and me watching Sunday's football by six.

When that is done, I have more coffee, breakfast, make another coffee, go to use the facilities, twice. And I'm ready for work.

It is another glorious day, and there is to be a new moon, on Monday, so I try to see if I can see the grey disc as it rises at quarter to eight at 122 degrees. I checked these things so to be sure. But I did see a fine sunrise,, but no new moon. So, maybe next time. I read later that if I went out just before sunset, a silver sliver should be visible as darkness fell. But that was like requiring walking to the top fo Station Raod and me remembering to do it.

Three hundred and fifty two No mater how determined I always am about doing the tasks I set for myself, there are always e mails, calls and meeting in which my attention is distracted, and before I know it, it is three in the afternoon and another day has slipped by.

Not much really to report, just popped some Christmas cards in the post box up on Collingwood, and walked back down to home, a little exercise maybe, but exercise no denying.

It is getting dark, and getting cold. The clear blue skies let any heat in the day escape into the atmosphere, and a mist begins to rise, as away in the west the sun sets, but the golden sunset is lost as it is behind the houses on the other side of the street.

We have the last of the party food for dinner, and then peanut cookies and coffee for afters. Its like Christmas came early, and then there is football on the radio; Jools is thrilled, of course. But I can write, edit photos and would you believe it, another working day has gone!

No comments: