Friday 8 December 2017

Monday 4th December 2017

A day in which things changed on an hourly basis. But the upshot was, that by the end of the day it was confirmed that Mum would be discharged on Wednesday.

In the meantime there were meetings, phone calls to my manager and boss, and lots of drinking coffee.

I had time to watch the footy before starting work, this is because we are up and red-eyed by six now. So nursing my coffee mug emblazoned with the periodic table on it, that makes my inner nerd very happy. Not that the games were really worth watching, but football.

At nine I make the first call of the day, to the social worker at the hospital, who is apparently arranging everything. I leave a message and in an hour she calls me back, we talk for half an hour, but the upshot is that there is a care package, of a kind, in place, though it seems Mum will have to pay for it all.

She will call me back later for the final arrangements, after which I can arrange a hire car. Work takes a very distant second priority, although when I think about it, Mum makes my anger rise again, creating chaos and being so unaware of it.

It was another fabulous sunny day, and on another lest fraught day I might have gone for a walk, but with the light fading now soon after three, there really isn’t time.

Three hundred and thirty eight But at three in the afternoon, confirmation comes that Mum is being discharged, I book a hire car online, and somehow the day had gone. I set an out of office message, as I am to travel up on the morrow. Another day lost.

I make some potato bread to go with the Thai Green soup, not as fiery as the ones we used to get on the survey boats. Panya was Thai and he had a stock of spices with him in case the crew managed to catch some fish, and on those occasions he would make a pan or green and one of red. The red was darned hot.

Jools gets stuck in traffic so did not get home until quarter past six. The council are digging up the new road they only put down last December. I’m sure there is a good reason, but only one lane open each way on Townwall Street.

I don’t think I was affected by the change in the seasons, but I feel so lethargic right now. We wash up after dinner, I have a shower then veg out watching something on TV with Scully beside me on the sofa.

Tomorrow, I hit the road. Again.

No comments: