Monday 11 December 2017

Sunday 10th December 2017

The rain pours down on a hum drum town.

Sunday in St Maggies, and from dawn to dusk the rain pours down. As forecasted by the BBC. I was more minded to go out for a walk this day, after some nine hours of sleep. But the weather really was grim, even snow for a while at first. So I made coffee then went to watch some football as dawn appeared.

Three hundred and forty four In full daylight, it looked no better, with the wind from the south making the wet snow go in 45 degree angles, but none of it settles, which is something. But before the sleet did melt, it created nice patterns on the windows at the back of the house, so snap some of them as they melted.

Halfway through the football, I pause it and go to make more bacon butties, as it is Sunday and a tradition, no? Even if we did have them on Saturday too. Can’t have too much bacon can you?

Last year's beer today In the afternoon we tried the first of the Christmas cakes. A bit gry really, but very pleasant too. Its December, what the heck I said as I got the tin out and unwrapped the cake. Went well with a fresh coffee for sure. I wish I could say there was much to write about, but other than writing, listening to the radio and sleeping of the beer I had at lunchtime to go with the cheese and crackers. In the afternoon, there was football. Lots of football, from midday until half six, by which time I was cooking Sunday dinner; roast lamb, Yorkshire Puddings, roast potatoes and vegetables. All as good as it sounds to be honest. By which time the Mersey derby had ended 1-1, and the Manc derby a 2-1 victory for Citeh, who played Utd off the park for fun.

Sunday Mum called at seven, all sweetness and light saying everything is going great. I was in the shower so heard it 2nd hand. Not much we can do about it now, either she faces up to her situation or not. I’m not even inclined to go up to see her over Christmas to be honest, done too many miles for too little thanks.

We tidy up after dinner, watch Rick Stein in Mexico: at least it works as a travelogue if not a food program: you get the ingredients, put them on a tortilla and eat it. Yeah, everything goes into a taco.

That was Sunday and your weekend; more rain and snow for tomorrow, and me working from home.

No comments: