Saturday 27 January 2018

Friday 26th January 2018

Pay Day (!)

And we come to the end of the week, and the end of my last week working from home for at least four weeks. I have three weeks training, and another of audits. So, better make the most of it.

THere is the usual stuff, with added travel expense reports to do. Sigh. Always not as bad as you think, but having to get the scanner out to copy the receipts and then send them to head office.

Even work is tempting in contrast.

I have breakfast once Jools has left for work, but hungry by half nine so fry up the left over stuffing and turkey, ass a couple of beaten eggs and eat what it produces. Not the most attractive of meals, but tasted darn good, but meaning I would have to wait eight hour for dinner.

twenty six In the afternoon there is a webinar, telling us how to fill in a multi-country tax form. As you can imagine, traveling all round Europe could make us liable to pay taxes in all these countries. If I end up being worse off my boss will have to deal with me saying I might refuse to travel!

And that takes me to three in the afternoon, when Jools returns from work and the weekend can begin. And all we have to do is take Molly to the vet first.

Jools said she went into the porch to get the box, and Molly must have recognised the sound, all we know is that when Jools came out with the box Molly had made a dash for the back door and was out of the cat flap. And gone. And no amount of rattling food tins or nice calling her name could persuade her to come in. So, we have to call the vet to rearrange the appointment to Saturday morning.

We both agree that we would do some phy; Jools goes first and does half an hour. I follow her on and put the machine up one level and do another half hour. Yeah, this is the stuff. And in doing so come to the end of the playlist on the i pod.

We both have a shower and are dressed; what to do for dinner? Well, curry. I call the Swingate to book a table, and we are all set.

At half six we drive the five minutes over the fields to the former pub, park up and are seated, both hungry, and the air is full of the smells of spices cooking. It is heaven.

Nameste We both order and sip our drinks as we wait for our starters. We both have prawns; Jools' are grilled and delicious, mine have been cooked in chilli and ginger and is different, but also good. And for the main course I have som pancake thing, which is different and good, but neither of us could finish the main course.

Beaten again.

But we ate less than we used too as well.

I pay and Jools drives us home, where there is cup football on TV; I settle down to watch it, but miss the whole of the second half as I sleep through it, so missing Man Utd win at Yeovil 4-0.

No comments: