Tuesday 23 January 2018

Monday 22nd January 2018

Monday is a rest day from Phys.

Yay.

My legs ache. But not in a bad way, although Jools has a calf strain, so can't do phys.

Twenty two But for me it was a day off. Which means I could lay in bed, or laze on the sofa and not feel too guilty about it.

But it is Monday, and getting enough enthusiasm to switch the computer on gets harder week after week. Outside, the rain falls down, but it is supposed to clear up later, I hope it might so I can go out into the garden. But before then, there is work to be done.

Iris reticulata I put the radio on quietly and tap away. Molly seems to be a little better. When you see her every day it is hard, but she seems less hunched, less in pain. Although the vet assured us she wan't in great pain, a dull ache is how he described it. I cook her a chicken breast and oce done cut it up into small pieces, mix with show shrimp, and she loved it. At least she ate it all, then went to snooze in the basket by the front window. She hasn't taken up her old habit of laying on my laptop, which I guess is a good thing.

Iris reticulata In the late afternoon, I pack up work things and go out into the garden to prune the buddleia.I see that there is a single Dwarf Iris blooming in one of the beds. It is the most incredible colour blue, contrasted by the yellow stamen. I snap that.

And the bush is pruned to the ground, it'll bounce back. But it is good being out, and warm enough to sit on the patio and watch the garden birds feeding at the bottom of the garden. Always something to see of course.

Darkness falls, and I catch up with writing, editing, and then warm up the soup for dinner, ready for when Jools comes home.

In the evening there is Only Connect and listen to the football, where Liverpool slump to lose to Swansea who were bottom of the league.

No comments: