Thursday 11 January 2018

Wednesday 10th January 2018

After another dreadful night's sleep, the last thing I felt like was a day in the office, and an afternoon of meetings.

But there you have it, the plan for the day. And why is it after being so warm overnight, the last 5 minutes before you get up you are at the perfect temperature and feel you could sleep all day?

Anyways, I get up and get dressed, and downstairs in the breakfast room I met yet another old colleague in Rob H, with the new contract manager. I have breakfast with them and we talk football, or Rob and I do, all Everton and Norwich and where things are going wrong. Or went wrong.

Outside the clear skies had gone, and a steady drizzle fell, which wasn't too bad, but over the day the clouds would darken and heavier rain would fall, and on such days, in Denmark, it doesn't get fully light, its like twilight. From the office window cars have their headlights on, and they reflect from the puddles in the road. Any thought of going to see my department, now housed n a building over the parking lot, are scrubbed. Nothing is that important. The parking lot: oh yes, my employer has now taken on so many people, there are not enough parking spaces for them all, meaning you have to get there early, by half eight to get a space. Madness.

Anyway, I settle down to work, and make good progress. Even the meeting goes well, which is nice. I am excused so can work some more, and by five I feel back in control and ready to drive to the hotel.

It is still raining, pouring, so I dash to the car and ease myself into the waiting traffic at the lights to join the main road, then from there beside the tramtracks to the start of the inner ringroad, across two junctions, down by the music college and the Art Museum and back to the hotel.

Ten I am shagged.

Also, I have to be up at five in the morning, so decided not to join friends out that night, but to have a quiet night in the room, eat downstairs in the lobby bar and back to my room to be in bed by nine.

I meet yet for former colleagues, those who have moved onto other projects or part of the company. And both Jamie and Manu are real joys to meet, wonderful people who light up the room, but are great at their job. And I tell them that, as it seems to the right thing to do. Jamie is leaving to set up his own company, and I tell him he will succeed at it as he has to determination to make it work.

He is pleased by that.

Back to the hotel room to try to find something to watch, ends up being NCIS, and again I am troubled by the character Dr Mallard. Why is he called Dr Mallard? So others can call you Ducky, David.

Arse and Chelski are playing in the League Cup, but as it is not on TV, I go to sleep. And up before the larks in the morning.

No comments: