Thursday 18 January 2018

Wednesday 17th January 2017

You will be thankful that this is a short post.

Sometimes, there is only so much you can write about being at home, working from home, sharing the day with three sleepy cats. Even with the sun shining, there was little time to go out to enjoy it, anyway, it was windy enough to be cold, cold enough to need a jacket and be thinking about a woolly hat hand gloves too.

The usual stuff, up, coffee, Jools gets ready, goes to work, I have breakfast, another coffee and begin working.

Only I lost my mojo again, and sit there unable to find any enthusiasm for the task in hand. I stare out of the window looking at birds, have lunch at ten, make some toast at lunch, and more coffee, and tea through the afternoon.

Man this is tough stuff.

I have the radio on, but that is just a distraction A good one though.

Come half three in the afternoon, and I have a meeting via Skype with people in four different countries. It is a nightmare, as one of the others is sitting in an office and every 30 seconds a truck goes by the window and drowns out everyone's words. And this lasts an hour. And is important.

I switch the computer off, go upstairs and put on my trainers for some phys; and all is going well as I power through towards 20 minutes, when the i pod loses power, meaning I have 30 seconds to go to 20 minutes, but no music to last until 30. So, and I hate to admit this, I stop. But I had done some, and was huffing and puffing, even if I hadn't heard the whole of Prick up Your Ears by Yeah Yeah Noh.

Jools came back with fish and chips, I made brews and had the bread buttered for chip butties, which it is impossible to have fish and chips without. Oh yes, it is true.

Seventeen The whole evening was given over to football; Norwich playing at Chelsea in the cup, and live on TV. Kick off was at eight, and Norwich looked nervous, but grew into the game. It was nervous stuff, if you're a Norwich fan, and I am you know. Well, Chelsea scored on about the hour and that looked like that, only for Norwich to rustle up an equaliser with the very last kick of the game to take it to 30 minutes extra time.

They had two players sent off and three penalties denied, and we could have snatched it right at the end, but the header went wide. And to penalties, Norwich missed their first one, or it was saved. And that was that, out, but in glory. One year we'll get to Wembley. One year, but not this one.

No comments: