Friday 3 September 2021

Thursday 2nd September 2021

Every day is like Thursday.

Every day is cloudy and grey.

Yes, welcome to Thursday, same as every day this week, other than it is nearer to the weekend of course.

It does, however, seem to be getting warmer. A little. Which means no rush to put my jumper on to keep warm, but the door is closed and heating poised to go on if it got too cold.

I was awake just after five. Seems nearly dark still. Cats mooch about, sometimes hiss at each other until Jools gets up to feed them, and once she has her lunch prepared, I get up and find a coffee waiting when I get down.

She is dressed and ready to leave, her boss is away next week so she is doing the work of two people again, and will work five full days to keep up, though she won't be able to.

I put on the Gideon Coe show on the i-player, make a second coffee and check on the world.

Its still screwed, and likely to get worse.

But there's always work to cheer us up. I can, at least, clal a friend and share woes. If a friend can't do that, then what's the point?

The goes on, I eat toast, fruit, more toast.

I see a pattern deveoping here.

There is just the crust left, I will leave it and make out that the cats ate the rest, honest.

I seem to be a source of interest for all our cats. Either that or they are just monitoring my movements and report it back to Cat Central Control, or maybe just seeing if I stray near the kitty kibbles tin. I sit in the back garden after a session of robust scarifying, and both Mulder and Scully sit beside me, thinking, as it was nearly four, that it was high time for high tea.

Two hundred and forty five I pretend I don't speak cat, so Mulder licks his bum and Scully refuses to look at me.

I scarify the lawn in one direction. I will leave the thatch out to dry and collect in the next couple of days. Sow seeds before scarifying again. And then all meadow related tasks will be over until the end of next July or something.

Easy.

I write a lot in the early evening, inbetween cooking fritters for dinner, as England play in the evening, and I really should watch it.

I add a pepper and green onions to the fritters, alow the gloop to ferment before frying spoonfulls to pick from the large plate and eat with truffle mayo.

Yummy.

The football is good, though the crown in Budapest was racist and poorly behaved. England go up a couple of gears in the 2nd after a goalless 1st half, and romp to a 4-0 win, thus quietening the yobs.

Oh look, it's ten in the evening! Time for bed.

No comments: