Saturday 7 January 2023

Friday 6th January 2023

Not time for messing out this morning, at three hours of back to back meetings began at seven, and before then I had to put the bins out and work out somethig to have for lunch.

Jools feels well enough to go back to yoga, so she was up and about at five, and was dressed and had made drinks by the time I was up at half five. She left at quarter to six, so I put the bis out, after emptying the bags in the kitchen, did the washing up and then rustled up a batch of stoneground dough, all ready in a dgreased tin, rising sitting about the kitchen radiator. Time then to make a second brew before logging on for work at seven.

THe meetings were strategy meetings for the forthcoming year, although there are many variables of course. We are still to receve new job titles and job descriptions; but they are coming we have been promised.

Then there is the (now monthly) social meeting, with most of the team here in Europe and those in India having spent the holidays with their families, most in India having travelled back to their family homes all over the sub-continent, visiting temples and celebrating birthdays, births and the new year.

THen the real meetings start, where were try to fix last year's issues. I was called by a director to attend a meeting with them rather than with my manager, which I agreed to. Best not to upset people that high up.

Between the meetings I put the bread in the oven to bake, take it out once cooked, placing it on a cooling stand. And finally eough time to cut the crust off and smother it with butter and eat with a fresh brew before the next meeting started.

Six Just as the final meeting ended, I rubbed my tired eyes, only to somehow put a breadcrumb in it, which got under my eyelid and was so painful. It took an hour of sitting with my eyes closes for the crum, if that what it was, to work its way round my eye to a tear duct and out.

By that time, Jools was back home, she tried to find the crumb, but although feeling lit it was the size of a mountain, she could not see it.

We have a brew and a thich slice of Christmas cake, while outside the day ended and rain began to fall.

Fish and Chips? I asked Jools.

We agreed that was a good idea, so I drive to Walmer to the chippy there. As darkness fell and rain fell harder, traffic moved at only 30mph through the woods into Ringwould. There was at least parking near the chippy, I get cod and chips for me, a large battered sausage for Jools, covered in salt and vinegar, wrapped up. I dashed back to the car, nipped into the traffic, turning round on a side road, and back towards St Maggies. Again at just over thirty, even though road conditions were not that bad.

But got back home with two bags of golden crispy fried goodness. Along with fresh brews, makes a fine and quick supper. And after washing up, all ready for six and the music quiz, which I mess up. Badly.

And so to Cup Weekend. 3rd round of the FA Cup with Man Utd sweeping Everton aside, though the Toffees did play better than the score suggests.

It am the weekend.

No comments: