Tuesday 17 January 2023

Monday 16th January 2023

Back to work.

Only this week, I am back on the road. More of that tomorrow.

But first: Monday.

And even though the weather was fine and fairly sunny, as we had a delivery, I could not go out until it had arrived, and as it happened, it came at 18:30, so no walk for Ian.

But by then it was dark, and already well below zero, about the same as my chances of going for an evening walk.....

Not much to report with work, it starts. And never ends.

Really.

Just different pain each day.

The cats, well were cats. And slept most of the day, but later made clear their disatisfaction with the weather and frost on the ground.

Not blue Monday As dinner was to be carbonara, and with no bread to make garlic bread from, I made my own. I don't like Jamie Oliver, but his recipes are easy to follow, and usually deliver. And so I made his tear and share garlic bread through the afternoon, left to rise in the tin, drizzed with the remainder of the butter, then baked.

Sixteen Smelt and tasted amazing.

The carbonara was pretty good too. All washed down with a glass of the new red.

Outside, it was colder than an ex-wife's heart......

And yet I was outside. Outside with new pair of binoculars that were delivered, looking for planets and nebular. So interested in it, I was, that I failed to notice how cold I was in just a t shirt.

No comments: