Tuesday 10 January 2023

Monday 9th January 2023

Truth is, this felt like the first day of what could be classified as normal since before Jools developed that bad cough in November.

Jools booked her session in the pool for six in the morning, which meant up at five, and she leaving at twenty to six.

Life with the cats is pretty settled now, even Poppy just wanders in now through the cat flap, tail down and not in a panic. Cleo does like to go out the front door until its light, but that habit seems to be fading now.

Anyway.

I make a second coffee, make some think toast, then listen to a podcast until ten to seven, before getting ready for work.

After the quiet week last week, it felt that this week should be chaos, but if anything, it was even more laid back. Sadly, one of my QIs from operations has been fired. He was dumb, but then we all make stupid choices at times, and he has paid with his job. He has a partner and her family, so hopefully, it'll all pan out. With that news, and that my friend Kate was sacked last year, and no one bothered to tell me for two months feels as though change is now all too close to home.

So, I do admin, make calls to catch up with friends and find out about the latest disasters.

Coffee?

I have a third coffee and breakfast of fruit. Outside it is light, sunny, but colder.

Would I go out for a walk later?

Almost certainly, for a different shot of the day, if for nothing else.

The day crawls along, I log off at three, and am easily tempted to scrap the walk. But I go. I put on my jumper, a coat and shoes, then get the earpods out, pop them in my ears and The Skids start playing.

Nine Woman in Winter.

Up Station Road, the small colony of Winter Heliotropes were smelling wonderful. A smell that reminds me of sun tan oil from the 70s, a sweet, oily smell.

Station Road I walk on and then up nd down each of the four roads on our small estate. All to a soundtack of more Gorillaz, Skids and Blancmange. Down the final road, Collingwood, the opening bars to Life on Mars? comes on. It sounds magnificent, and as I finish my walk, I sing along, silently.

Supper was cheese and the rest of the bread from No Name Shop, that and a glass of red wine.

Lovely.

With have the radio on whilst we have coffee and a slice of Christmas cake, the day drawing to and end.

Needless to say, there was football to watch: Oxford v Arsenal. The Arse won 3-0, hardly breaking sweat.

No comments: