Tuesday 3 January 2023

Monday 2nd January 2023

Bank holiday Monday.

Also Monday.

Like the worst Monday there has ever been, my 14th and last day off.

Needless to say, we slept long and well, the cats having long given up on us ever getting up.

The day started with rain, but there was the chance that it might clear later.

Jools had a tea then went swimming. I had a second coffee and emptied the bins, put in new bin liners, fed the cats, washed up and had a shower.

Phew.

Jools came back, so we had criossants and yet more coffee before deciding to go out for a walk. For me it was just up and down the four streets near we lived, for Jools it meant going out with the litter picker.

I put in my earpods and my phone plays alternate Skids and Gorrilaz tracks, with the occasional Blancmange tracks as I walk up and down, warm enough now to have my coat unzipped. In fact, it feels very springlike, burds singing, even the odd bee and wasp flying about. Though I did not venture off the parvements of the estates after my slipping over yesterday.

Two Back home in time for the start of the Rangers v Celtic game, which is as firey as expected, but mostly lacking any real skill. Ends 2-2.

I cook fitters for lunch, which we have befroe the afternoon game, Norwich v Watford, which Norwich lose, 1-0.

Sigh.

Then Liverpool play Brentford, and The Bees win 3-1, though its all a conspiracy, or something according to Klopp, playing all his greatest hits.

At least on the radio, Steve and Marc are back after two weeks off, and all is well with the world.

Until the morning, when work will restart.

No comments: