Tuesday 13 December 2022

Monday 12th December 2022

Last full week of work this year.

Work, what's that?

Yeah.

We were up at half five, ready for what the world was going to throw at us, which would mainly be great balls of shit rolling downwards.

So it goes.

Jools left for work, and I make second coffee and set up the office, then go through the 15 minutes it takes to log onto all systems and register working hours for Friday.

At quater past seven, I was ready for work, and horrors of humanity that the Outlook inbox would contain.

There was no avoiding it, and with talks with colleagues and me thinking about the issues all weekend, there was a way forward with the sky falling in issues.

Bit meeting at eleven.

We all agree they sky fell in, but not as bad as it seemed, so with agreement on the way forward, escalation process and so on, I had lunch.

Then the meeting with those who the sky had fallen in on, told them we were on your side, talked through the four biggest issues, and in an hour had a way forward.

Yay.

At three, I pack up for the day. I should have gone out for a walk, but it was bitterly cold. I convinced myself not to go out.

Didn't take much, to be fair.

Dinner was to be stuffed peppers, using the left over mix from a couple of weeks ago that I defrosted. Topped with cheese and baked for half an hour. Lovely with a glass or two of red wine.

Once we had tidied up, we had a coffee and made another dent in the gingerbread mountain, we bottled the blackberry port now that the secondary fermentation had finally stopped. Five big bottles filled.

Three hundred and forty six Football at the end of the evening, Sunderland v WBA, I gave up at half time as Sunderland were strolling it, though only 1-0 up.

Needless to say, WBA scored two in the second half to win.

Sorry, Steve.

No comments: