Wednesday 7 December 2022

Tuesday 6th December 2022

A definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again expecting at some point, delivering a different result. At some point.

It is this madness I battle every day when I log on to work.

No matter how often you say, or who you tell, they go and do it. Over and over again.

So, each day I fight the finght, and every day, stupidity wins.

But onto Tuesday.

The weather improved, I should have gone for a walk in the afternoon, but it was the last day of the group of 16 in the World Cup.

At least we are both sleeping well, with our coverings of cats, and Jools' cough is, mostly, improving.

She goes to work at ten to seven, I set up the office, make a bresh brew and sit down.

Three hundred and forty I have an hour before the meetings start, and go through until lunchtime. No further forward, really.

Lunch is marinated leftover pork in a garlic and soy sauce jus, and noodles.

It works, and makes a change from sandwiches or toast.

I do go out into the garden for a bit, with camera.

It is sunny, but cold. So snap a few things, remind myself to deal with the grass around the feeders and the leaning dead verbina.

Winter colour "Tomorrow", I say to myself.

Football begins at three, Spain v Morocco, and should be an easy win for Spain, but they lack something. Confidence, perhaps. Anyway, they fail to cross the ball, try to pass it between the sticks, and fail. Morocco were the better side, created the better chances, but don't score. It goes to penalties.

Spain miss all three of theirs, and Morocco score two to go through.

Dinner was sausages, slated herb mash and home made Botson beans. And it was very yummy indeed.

Then football again, Portugal v Switzerland. Ronaldo was dropped, would Portugal cope?

They won 6-1. Ronaldo's replacement scoring three.

No comments: