Friday 2 December 2022

Thursday 1st December 2022

Thursday in this, what seems to be a never-ending week. How can it be only Thursday, wha there five Mondays?

The year creeps towards its end, and we hope better days ahead.

Once up I go downstairs and turn the calendar over to the final month of the year, and see we have very little planned.

Which is nice.

We have coffee, Jools gets ready for work and leaves early, as the end of a month means more admin.

I am here with the cats, they are fed and either go back to bed or go out. Except Poppy who is still out, though once it was getting light i see her coming down the drive, and have the back door open for her. In she trits, accepts some kibbles, cleans the bowl of food on the stairs and gos to bed.

I get about setting up the office and start the day with two meetings.

As I said, so dark outside, that it doesn't get light fully, so I have the table lamp on all day, and the wind swings to the east so is getting colder. There is a chance of snow and sleet next week.

I am caught up at work, sent out action plans and reports, updated spreadsheets and marked off my time off in the calendar over Christmas. It can't come too soon.

Lunch is the last of the bread I made last week, sliced thin like paper, toasted and then with cheese on top.

Yummy.

I am done at two really, but monitor e mails, though none come it, so ready for the first game at wo: Croatia v Belgium, with Belgium needing a win to have a chance of staying in.

Three hundred and thirty five They play poorly, draw 0-0, and so are going home, winless.

Another failed "golden generation".

Its been a while, but we have aubergine for dinner, breaded and fried. And is delicious.

Of course.

THen came the evening of mad football, with me watching Costa Rica v Germany, and Germany, like Belgium, needing a win to stay in.

A win and as long as Japan didn't beat Spain.

Germany and Spain were leading at half time, both 1-0.

No drama.

Then drama.

Costa Rica score, not once, but twice, and so do Japan.

For four crazy minutes both Spain and Germany were going out.

Germany level, then score two more as Costa Rica push to level. It ends 4-2, but Japan hang on to beat Spain and send Germany home early too.

I sit on the sofa and CLeo sits with me, licking my arm, purring, before going to sleep.

Almost as good as the football.

No comments: