Friday 9 December 2022

Thursday 8th December 2022

When we went to bed on Wednesday night, Mars was in conjunction with the full moon. The red planet being on the left side of the rising moon, by the time we got up at quarter past five, Mars had moved behind the moon and emerged the other side. Away to the north west, both hung in the dark sky, one shining a blue-white light, the other deep red.

Dawn And it was cold.

Being December, and with clear skies it comes as no surprise, but with those clear skies there was a thick hoar frost, and four reluctant cats who needed to go out, but did not want to.

Frosty Jools' cough again was slightly better, so she was all ready to go to work just before seven. I set up the office, made a fresh pot of coffee and away we go.

Again, not much to report in work, just the usual.

But elsewhere, I knew I had to make somethig with the leftover mixed spice. I found a recipe for gingerbread and swapped the ginger for mixed spice, and the golden syrup for black treacle, which made the end product dark, but very nice.

Three hundred and forty two And made a lot of finished "bread".

I had some offcuts with a coffee in the afternoon, the cookies still warm. I hope when cool they don't set like concrete.

Work ends, and with no football again, I go for a walk, wth yet more music I bought nearly 15 years ago, eachnew track a surprise.

I walk over the field, as it never got above freezing here, so the ground was hard like iron, just slippery where the sun lay upon it for a while.

On Collingwood, a small colony of Winter Heliotrope were in flower, meaning next year's season has already begun.

I reached Fleet House and turned to walk back down Collingwood, then down Station Road to home.

Dinner was defrosted lentil dahl, crispbakes and corn. And leftover beer too.

A dinner of champions!

It is Thursday, I listen to the radio and write a bit. The evening turns to night, the moon rises in the east, and outside, its cold.

Very cold.

No comments: