Saturday 24 December 2022

Thursday 22nd December 2022

It is Christmas.

Or, we have both finished work for the year. All we had to do was to go shopping.

Now, in a change, Jools; employer gave every member of staff a £150 voucer to spend at Sainsbury's, which meant that we were going to Deal rather than Whitfield.

We had hoped to have been at the store when it opened at six, or within an hour of it. Instead we lay in until gone seven, had coffee which meant we did not leave the house until quarter to eight, arriving at the store at about eight.

Three hundred and fifty six We rushed round, not helped by the fact we had not been in store for a year or more. But the trolley filled up as we ticked stuff off the lest. We loaded with vegetables for dinner on Boxing Day, had a look round the booze section, and finding nothing we wanted, we went to the checkout to pay.

As we waited more and more people were arriving, and the queue behind us got longer and longer. We had timed it about right.

We drove home, getting back just before nine. All there was to do now, was to go to the butcher on Friday, the intention was not to leave the house again that day.

Jools' cough is getting better, day by day, but sometimes it catches her unaware, and she has a bad ten minutes. But nothing like it was, and can now sleep all the way through without a coughing fit.

So, that's good.

Now, I forgot to write this yesterday, so my memories of what we didless than 48 hours ago is hazy.

I think we decded to do nothing, and such a task would take all day, and even then we didn't get to finish the task.

Music played.

Jools watched "Just Call Saul", which is her new love. She watched several episodes, while I edited yet more church photos. I have been rather busy with the shooting at churches, which does mean lots of editing afterwards.

Talking of churches: my friend Simon has done lists of the top 50 churches in Norfolk and Suffolk, so I thought I might do one for Kent. I asked the question on Twitter, and the response seemed to be positive, so I drew up a list, enetered them on a spreadsheet and put them in order.

Each day for the previous 49 days, I would upload shots and descriptions of the church for the day. I really got into it, and doing the list, reviewing shots from each church helped me realise who I needed to go back to. Like King Charles in Tunbridge Wells, where I went the day before.

Final church to be uploaded was Barfrestone, which is a church that reveals more on each visit. Not bad for a building just 50 feet long.

Anyway, that took nearly two hours that morning, and so the day slipped by.

We had fritters for dinner, though eating in the late afternoon. At this time of year, its easy to forget to eat fruit and vegetables. And fritters are pretty much all vegetable and seeds.

Delirium Christmas I had another Christmas beer with it.

In the evening we had the final Marc Riley show on the wireless while I watched the League Cup game between Citeh and Liverpool. Their first game for nearly six weeks. Twas a good game, five goals, end to end action, and few unsavoury incidents to mar the spectacle.

I had two and a bit glasses of the 1963 port while watching the game.

Was a good evening.

No comments: