Wednesday 21 December 2022

Tuesday 20th December 2022

Last working day of the year.

And a reminder that the sky has fallen and more sky is due to fall.

But those who are to blame for the sky actually falling are looking to blame other people.

It sucks, my friends.

My colleagues and friends are being set up as sacrificial lambs. It might be the way business works, but its not fair.

We were up in good time, and Jools had stuff to do at work, so was off early, so I tried to log on.

I logged on, then tried to activate the VPN.

My password was rejected.

I try again.

And again it was rejected.

So, reboot the computer.

And then the computer rejected my password too.

And did over and over again.

I called my colleague Rune and told him, then manage to log on via Teams on the mobile.

Strange.

I reboot to computer and it works fine.

I only lost 50 minutes.

So it goes.

I have a string of meetings, as I find a way forward with sorting the issues uncovered in the last two months.

Three hundred and fifty four The day presses on. And if to make matters worse, there's a Windows update to install.

And so another 40 minutes lost.

But, I did tick off all actions to be done by four in the afternoon. I set my out of office message and log off.

Thank fuck for that.

Too late to go for a walk. I mean, it wasn't, but I was so done with it. I had a shower and in a rush when I had a shave nearly sliced my lower lip off.

Blood everywhere.

Oh my giddy aunt.

But it stopped.

Blood-soaked tissue paper everywhere, though.

Leffe Hiver Dinner was dirty burgers with onions, pickles and cheese.

And beer.

And was wonderful.

Too tired to do much in the evening. Watched football again, but bailed at half time.

To bed, for it is Christmas!

No comments: