Friday 3 January 2014

Friday 3rd January 2014

Thursday.

And just like that the festive period ends and the alarm blares out at six AM telling me to get up, get dressed and get to work as those KPIs don't calculate themselves. Don't I know it!

Jools drops me off at work, as she still has two more days off and a weekend before the factory reopens. And she will do the shopping and other chores whilst I am calculating so we don't have to do it at the weekend. None of the monkeys are in, or our monkeys anyway. The other company's monkeys are in, and in good spirits, watching videos in order to pass the day.

I work away, and do so until two, when I complete the calculations, create the data table, pivot table and graphs, send them out and wrap up.

We go home, make a pot of coffee and I sit down to watch the previous day's MOTD. They come so think and fast its hard to take all the action and results in. Ten more games, more goals, more sending offs, and more 'funny' lines from gary Lin-a-ker.

I am shattered; not sleeping well, early start. I take to the bed at four, only to be gotten up ten minutes later by Dad delivering Nan's bureau. In a thunderstorm, we unload it from his trailer and get it inside. We can't be bothered to take it upstairs, so it spends the night next to the Christmas tree.

The day ends with my big toe tingling, as a sign that gout is returning. However it does not turn into the feeling of being broken, but I suffer from another night of broken sleep. Still its the weekend at five tomorrow......

No comments: