Wednesday 29 January 2014

Wednesday 29th January 2014

Tuesday.

Four years ago, I began work, just for a few days, on the Thanet project, helping a local company to run some sonar lines in preparation for the substation to be installed. Those few days work began, for me, a link with the Thanet project that took me back in April to work for Vestas via an agency, and then they offered me a permanent job.

The fools.

Looking back at my blog posts for those days, I went from despair to elation as the result on a single phone call. And then as soon as the job began, we ran the lines and they never called me back. The bastards.

Anyway, four years on, I am linked to another project, and the planning for that is beginning to ramp up. as I knew it would. Exciting, but scary times. I won't say too much about the project, but rest assured that most of my work is now geared towards that end.

Yesterday, I went into the office at Ramsgate as I said I would take some CDs for a friend to copy. I did not call ahead, and found the monkeys (see previous post) on shore for the day, and training for them was planned. House training perhaps? So, I was given the service manager's office, which meant I could close the doors on the bastards when they got too much.

It was a grim day, the rain lashed down all day. When I looked out of the bedroom window first thing, there was no light to be seen in the east to indicate the coming of the day. What daylight there was, crept over the sky little by little as I drove to work.

It was back on the cross-trainer in the evening. I feel the benefits from it, but the allergy/cold meant that breathing was difficult as I neared the end of the session, but I completed the workout. Which is nice. The rest of the evening was spent listening to the radio as there was a night of Premier League matches, and City played The Toon. These days, following Norwich is really trying, they can't seem to put together two passes, shoot or have any of the passion which seemed to mark the Lambert era. I don't know what the answer is, or where to lay the blame, players, tactics or flatly with the manager. But it is not working, Newcastle hit the woodwork four times, out-shot Norwich by seven times, at least in the first half. The fans are getting restless. I am getting restless. The players turned on the fans. Dark days, but we escaped with a 0-0 and a point. Felt like a loss though.

No comments: